Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sluggish

Right now, I have to be honest, I am feeling sluggish. I don't know if it is actually a physical issue because of some new medications I am taking, if it is spiritual, or if it is just an obstacle of 
living life in a foreign place. And by sluggish, I mean slow to get started doing some of the things I know I need to be doing. 

Whatever the reason, I am ready to get out of this "funk"! 
I am not worried about any serious issues with this. I am mostly telling you this just to get it out there for some accountability. I will confess, I have not been studying the Word of God like I would like to. I have also not put much effort in my Swahili studies since returning from my trip to Thailand in May. I have the desire to do the things I need to do. I don't know if it is the motivation I lack, or the encouragement, or what. I just don't know. 

What I do know is that God knows. 
And with prayer He will lead and guide me. 
So please be in prayer for me in this situation. I love very much that we are here, and want to be able to clearly communicate the Good News of my Lord and Savior. :) 

Rob and the kids are doing great. I love being with them. The girls are starting to really enjoy playing games and doing art "projects". Donovan is growing so much. We found out the other day that he needs to be wearing glasses. He will get them tomorrow. I will post some pictures soon. I am sure he will be even more adorable, although I don't see how that is possible. Haha! 

I hope you hear my heart in this post. I am really doing well, just feeling sluggish like I said before. Please feel free to contact me by e-mail (safariseekers@yahoo.com) if you have any comments, advise, words of experience that you would like to share. 
Loving Life!
Amy
Donovan enjoying his juice at Daddy's birthday dinner!
Emily tried so hard to use chopsticks at the Korean restaurant, 
then gave up and just started playing with her straw!
Shelbyanne loved the food.
I was so surprised and happy for her!
Rob asked for a banana split cake.
It turned out great, even with substituted ingredients!

I know I am holding my stomach, but I am not pregnant. 
Maybe I was just full from dinner! :)
The kids loved playing on the sand pile we had in our yard 
because of some construction that is going on at our house. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy, Rob and family. I was honored to see Rob at our monthly FBC Buffet yesterday. He looked good and fit. I just wanted to share with him that we follow your blog and are in awe of the great work and dedication of your whole family. Our prayers are ever with you.
    Blessings
    Will & Loreta

    ReplyDelete