Wednesday, April 22, 2015

2 Months To Go

I know it has been a while since I last wrote. It is crazy how time flies when you are busy! 
Just today we wrapped up a 3 day training that we put on to train local Tanzanians to be nurturers for new folks learning Swahili. It was great. Fifteen people participated in the training that was lead by my Tanzanian friend who now works with us. I am so thankful for how God uses her in the lives of everyone she meets. Years ago I prayed and asked others to pray for me to find even 1 Tanzanian lady that I could be friends with. God went above and beyond anything I asked or could have imagined when He introduced me to Lucy. Both our lives have changed for the better since knowing each other. 

These are the folks who participated in our training. 
I have not had a lot of time to think about the fact that we will be leaving Tanzania in 2 months and heading back to the States for our first Home Assignment in four years. 
We are planning to be there for a whole year. 
While I am Super excited to be able to see family, friends, visit with our supporting churches, and eat Chick-Fil-A, I am also really going to miss life here. This has been home for probably 3 of the past 4 years, if I am being honest. That first year was tough. It took a long time for me to stop looking up in the sky and wishing I were on every plane that flew by. However, that passed and I started making friends and creating a life here for myself and my family. I thank God for how he has allowed me to "settle" here. 
Please keep us in your thoughts as we get ready for the changes that are to come. Pray that we transition our kids well into life back in America. They will be going to a public school also. I am excited about that. God Help us do this thing well!

Thanks for reading this! Hope you have a blessed day!
Here are some pictures to enjoy.
Egyptian Day at school!
Having fun before the game!
We met Jane Goodall! So Cool!
Character Day - Tinker Bell
Character Day - Peter Rabbit
Character Day - Junie B. Jones
Emily and a friend sharing their Birthday together at KFC!
ROAD TRIP! Amazing View.
Road Trip with my Crazies!
Rob helping Donovan put together a bunk bed!
I just thought this was cool.
He sharpens knives, machetes,
and other things using his bike!



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really likes your blog! You have shared the whole concept really well and very beautifully soulful read!
    Thanks for sharing
    หนังตลก Comedy

    ReplyDelete