Friday, February 11, 2011

Living in the moment...

The other day I went to Publix and bought a 2 Liter of Coke for me, a 2 Liter of Mug root beer for Rob, chocolate filled Oreos also for me, and a special treat for Rob for Valentine's day. Knowing we will be leaving soon and not knowing what is available where we are moving to gives me the urge to have some things...one more time...for now. We are trying to enjoy every moment we have here at home. I truly love my home country and will miss many things about living here, family and friends most of all!

We are getting close to leaving. There are so many things to do that I find myself not having the time to stop and revel in our circumstances. I have moments of sadness about leaving mixed with waves of excitement that what we have spent the last 4 & 1/2 years of our lives preparing for is finally here.

What has been on my mind the most lately is that I still haven't finished our thank you notes for those who have supported us in the last few months. I am sure those who have blessed us are not thinking about that as much as I am. So, to those of you who have supported us with prayer and finances at all, but especially the last few months, Thank you so much! We appreciate everyone's love, prayers, encouraging notes and cards, and support.

Our suitcases are not packed yet, but we are ready to take the next step of our journey through this life. We are making progress each day to get ready to go. On tomorrow's agenda...have lunch with a friend and get ready for a weekend with the youth of our church at their "Impact Weekend" retreat! We get to be the leaders for the Senior class, an awesome bunch of young adults.

Till Next Time...
Amy


Here are the girls enjoying shaving cream.

Donovan was not interested in getting the shaving cream on himself so...
he just watched the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment